Hello! I hope you had a great Memorial Day weekend. Tom and I had a nice, relaxing and nice and included some fantastic barbecued pork steaks masterfully cooked by Tom! We had Tom’s dad over and some other relatives and had a nice visit. And, bonus, did big house cleaning so this week I have it easy!
I haven’t been sewing but I’m setting some things up this afternoon and plan to spend tomorrow morning sewing. One of the things I need to do is make myself a name tag for the St. Louis Modern Quilt Guild before the next meeting. I also have some catching up do to on some Japanese quilt blocks. I really want to get back going on those. They are a lot of fun!
Anyway, today I thought I’d share some things I really like right now with you!
1. Good Trade Farm Antique restoration and custom woodworking. This is my mom and stepdad’s place and they do wonderful work. My mom also does paintings. Here are a few things I’ve gotten as gifts that I love. My cutting boards I’ve been using for over a decade. I love my tortilla roller! The pizza peel I got for Christmas. And last year when I wanted to make Scottish Meat pies and mentioned a mold, I got one in the mail a week or two later! They make beautiful pen covers and other unique gifts and sell Dover books.
2. A week or so ago we went to Pappy’s Smokehouse. SO SO good! If you are in St. Louis, you should pay a visit!
3. A new quilty blog I discovered and really like is The Happy Zombie. Really nice blog. Fun and modern!
4. I love this blog, Doughmesstic, and the recipes Susan posts are fantastic. Check it out!
5. Another food blog I adore is The Girl Who Ate Everything. Can I just say YUM! And check out some of her desserts and cookies……
6. A new recipe from me, adapted from my tomato pie, Southwestern Quiche. It is good. REALLY GOOD! I hope you enjoy it! I wish I’d made 2! And tonight I’m making yummy avocado blts…. I’ll be back with that!
- 1 pie crust
- 3 medium tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1 medium red bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 medium green bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 2 large jalapeno peppers (finely chopped)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese (shredded)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter